The purpose of CAGAP is to:
- Advance the profession of graduate student recruitment and admissions in Canada by identifying trends and sharing best practices.
- Enhance the yield and diversity of graduate applicants and students in Canadian universities.
- Support the professional development of Canadian professionals working in graduate admissions, recruitment and student services through regional meetings including an annual chapter meeting at the national conference hosted by NAGAP.
- Foster and expand the relationships between undergraduate programs and service units and graduate programs and schools in Canada.
- Encourage coordinated activities through affiliated Chapters and other professional organizations with similar goals and objectives.